Hepatic disorders comprise a big group of the diseases.
- infectious diseases of the liver: viral hepatitis and cirrhosis (i.e. hepatitis B and C);
- autoimmune diseases (autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, autoimmune cholangiopathy);
- alcoholic disorders (steatosis, steatohepatitis, hepatitis, fibrosis, cirrhosis);
- toxic liver injuries (i.e. drug-induced and occupational liver injuries and others);
- hepatic pathology in the metabolic disorders (i.e fatty liver disease - steatosis and steatohepatitis);
- storage diseases (hemochromatosis, Wilson disease);
- hepatic helminthiases;
- hepatic vascular diseases;
- benign and malignant tumors.
The most common liver diseases include hepatosis, viral hepatitis A, B, C, fibrosis, cirrhosis and parasitic liver disorders. They can develop without any symptoms for a long time.